Here we go again folks. Moro will be returning this February for a weekend of workshops. Classes will cover Cuban, Afro and Dominican styles of dance. This is a weekend you don’t want to miss!
Airagdin Pavon More “El Moro”
Born in Havana, Moro studied dance at the Academia Nacional de Narisco Medina, and performed with many prestigious Cuban Dance Companies. He was first solo dancer and choreographer with “Havana Nights”. Moro has worked as a dance teacher in Oslo, Stockholm and throughout Australia. He specialises in Afro-Cuban Dance, Rumba, Mambo, Cha Cha Cha, Son, Salsa and Dominican Bachata.
In 2004, Moro established Buena Vista Dance, to teach Cuban Dance and promote Cuban culture in Australia and since then has also founded the Australian Rueda de Casino Championships.
We can’t wait for Moro to share his vast experience and knowledge with us!
Price from 30th January: $25 per workshop or all 5 for $110.
Bookings Close: Sunday 19th February
Saturday: Ukrainian Hall, 185 Main Road Moonah (opposite MacDonald’s). Parking is limited at the location.
Sunday: Encore Dance, 58a Federal Street, North Hobart
Where: The Founders Room, Wooby’s Lane, Salamanca.
When: Three hours of dancing goodness, kicking off at 9pm.
BOOK AND PAY TO SECURE YOUR PLACE. Refunds will be issued if class size is exceeded (sorry to those who miss out).
1. Register and pay at Thursday Night Salsa (The Italian Club, North Hobart), or
2. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to the following bank account and please email through your class registration details
Institution: Members Equity
Name: J Holtzclaw
Reference Text: please include your name so we know who
Send email to “email@example.com” indicating which classes you have paid for.
What else do I need to know?
• CLASS SIZE will be restricted so book early to avoid disappointment
• There will be NO DOOR SALES this helps us to reduce administration on the day.
• LUNCH: BYO.
• DRINKS: BYO. NO GLASS (glasses or glass bottles) allowed in the room as this is a condition of use when hiring the studio.
• If you CANNOT MAKE A CLASS, then please let us know as early as you can as we may be able to find a replacement (there will likely be someone missing out who would love to take your place).
SATURDAY (25th Feb)
11:50– 12:50 Son (knowledge of son basics required)
Danced on the off-beat. Son is one of the traditional partner dances that salsa evolved from with a beautiful and elegant style.
1:10– 2:10 Rueda (Intermediate)
Time to let loose and have a bit of fun with some new turn patterns.
2:20– 3:20 Dominican Bachata (Open – All levels)
Learn to move those feet, with a lesson in authentic Dominican style bachata.
SUNDAY (26th Feb)
12:00-1:00 Rumba (Open – All levels)
Unique to Cuba, Rumba is a meld of African rhythms and flamenco influences. Elements of rumba are commonly integrated into Cuban salsa. This workshop will help you to ground yourself to the beat of the music and develop your body movements.
1:20 – 2:20 Orishas/Afro styling (Open Level)
Afro-Cuban dancing that represents each of the Orishas. Learn different movements that help to unlock the body, and develop your musicality. Time permitting – we will work on how we can add elements of these dances into our salsa.