The party kicks off at 9:00pm until 11:30pm at St James Hall, 462 Elizabeth St, North Hobart.
Born in Santiago de Cuba, Israel has been dancing practically all of his life. He first went to a specialised dance school at the age of 11 and went on to graduate from the National School of Art in Havana. Upon graduating, he worked for 2 different modern dance companies in Cuba before winning a position in the dance spectacular ‘Havana Night’. He travelled the world with this company, performing in more than 9 countries throughout Asia and Europe, before settling in Australia in 2003. Israel then went on to establish Cuban Dance Company in January 2004, through which he shares the passion, energy and creativity that defines Cuban dance and music.
Join us for what is sure to be another great weekend this August with Cuban instructor, Israel Ortiz!!
Early Bird Price: Expired
Price from 27th July: $25 per workshop or all 5 for $110.
Saturday: Ukrainian Hall, 185 Main Road Moonah (opposite MacDonald’s). Parking is limited at the location.
Sunday: Encore Dance, 58a Federal St, North Hobart
SATURDAY NIGHT PARTY with Son del Sur
Venue: St James Hall, 462 Elizabeth St, North Hobart
Book and pay to secure your place! Refunds will be issued if class size is exceeded.
1. Register and pay at Thursday Night Salsa (Italian Club, North Hobart), or
2. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to the following bank account and send class registration details via email
Institution: Members Equity
Name: J Holtzclaw
Reference Text: please include your name so we know who has paid
Send email to “email@example.com” indicating which classes you have paid for.
• CLASS SIZE will be restricted so book early to avoid disappointment
• There will be NO DOOR SALES this helps us to reduce administration on the day.
• LUNCH: BYO lunch/snacks.
• DRINKS: BYO water bottles. No glass (or glass bottles) allowed in the room as this is a condition of use when hiring the studio.
• If you CANNOT MAKE A CLASS then please let us know as early as you can as we may be able to find a replacement (there will likely be someone missing out who would love to take your place).
• SHOES: It is a proper dance floor so please wear proper dance shoes or shoes with soft soles (suede or leather).
Saturday 22nd August
11:20-12:20 Mambo/Cha Cha Cha (Open Level)
12:45-1:45 Salsa Partner work (Intermediate Level) ONLY SPACES FOR MALES REMAINING
2:00-3:00 Son (Intermediate Level) ONLY SPACES FOR MALES REMAINING
Sunday 23rd August
11:45-12:45 Rumba-Guaguanco (Open Level)
1:10-2:10 Orishas (Open Level)